Tempest

You are stolen; So

You sell your body

To mens in gold

All tangled up

That sluggish old word

Or so we thought

For as it is

the world hath turned


Not I

will come to rescue

Not I

Neither will your own two senses,

Or whatever linger still

While the rest you do not own

Anymore


When we met

Your mind and your soul

Your eyes, and your frown

Beckoned to me in the street

and spoke to me of your feat

From the night before,

and the night before


You spoke of some 

Bestowed man who come

At moment's notice begin to run

Like a Spanish wild-bull;

But you, beaten you

Everything fading from within view

 

Tempest

You weep in rooms

Behind doors you know 

None would ever open


Despite your charm

It is all spilling now

Across the beautiful veneer


The cracked seaglass

plaster bowl

The candles, ribbons,

and lace,

All spread so silent across

The bitumen


Quietly;

Bright as the day was once

The chatter with you

You have been kind to me,

She uttered under breaths

But I think now is the time to

Part freedom from old youth















What then of your child?





Comments